The views expressed in this blog are mine, all mine and don't necessarily reflect those of the Police Service!
I hope that you wont be offended by anything I say, because no offence was intended.

Sunday 13 April 2008

Jollies

I was chatting to a man from Bali, the other day, whilst investigating a burglary. I couldn't help thinking that I knew nothing about Bali, or its culture. This, is very remiss of me and prevents me from doing my job correctly. The only way I can improve my knowledge, would be to visit Bali for a couple of weeks. I can't afford to go, but obviously, it is in the interest of the Police Service to send me out there, so I can get to know local customs. However, I don't want to go on my own, so I'll see if I can take 8 of my mates with me.

Oh bugger, I've just realised the flaw in my plan. There is no way, response can afford to loose 9 officers for two weeks. Oh well, it was a nice idea!

3 comments:

blueknight said...

It looks as if someone has blagged themself a nice little holiday. I wonder if it is in job time and who paid.
It a curious thing that Police Officers get involved in so many 'minority issues' although their job is simply the 'prevention and detection of crime the prosecution of offenders under the law and keeping the peace' etc etc.
Open any Force magazine and there will be a story about the Police getting involved in a minority issue or being pink and fluffy in some other way.
Actually, do you think that was what the blue tracksuited Chinese Police were all about?

girlieresponse said...

No doubt the persons going will be top heavy with rank.
The chances of any response team getting the benefits?..hmmmmmmmm
Not to worry, I'm sure they, and their newly aquired Polish speaking skills will be happy to turn out to an incident involving Polish people at 4am..............
After all, they WILL be the experts

Anonymous said...

I do know that at least one PCSO and a beat officer went to this most unusually thought out holiday. i hope they do well...