The views expressed in this blog are mine, all mine and don't necessarily reflect those of the Police Service!
I hope that you wont be offended by anything I say, because no offence was intended.

Wednesday 16 April 2008

Garnish

I am getting fed up with what I call "Gotta be seen to be doing something" policing. You know. Where it doesn't matter what the result is, as long as the Section Commander can say at the next Community safety Partnership meeting, that we have carried out x amount of patrols or executed so and so warrants.

How many times recently, have I had a rest day cancelled (with plenty of time, so they don't have to pay me any extra) for an action day of some sort. Doing a warrant, on the basis of some intelligence, that's weeks out of date. We know we wont find anything, but the boss has invited the press along, to show them what a wonderful job we are doing.


I know we have to provide some community reassurance, but lets not try to pull the wool over their eyes. Lets leave that to the politicians.

1 comment:

girlieresponse said...

Been at plenty of these too. Good when the boss who's usually in a civvie suit and office bound, turns up in a stab proof trying to look involved..............Still, good for the portfolio hen promotion's up for grabs eh?