The views expressed in this blog are mine, all mine and don't necessarily reflect those of the Police Service!
I hope that you wont be offended by anything I say, because no offence was intended.

Saturday 24 May 2008

Spin

We've known for years about Government Spin Doctors, but it now seems that Police Leaders have caught the bug.
I know in my force, the attitude is "How does it look?" instead of "Is it any good?"
We have even been told by ACPO to go out and tell the public everything is great. The trouble is, most of us aren't politicians and couldn't care less about positive spin.
I was proud to be a Police Officer but I'm not so sure nowadays. No amount of spin is going to convince the public, that crime is down and they live in safe communities. I'm certainly not going to ignore the fact that we generally provide a poor service to the most deserved. I will continue to do my best and apologise for poor management.

3 comments:

blueknight said...

It could be described as the cult of 'Style over Substance' or perhaps blatant spin and tokenism.

Anonymous said...

We have adverts like that but on the sides of our buses.
Since I drive everywhere I never get the chance to jot down the phone number because I don't want to be arrested for dangerous driving ( using pen and paper while stationary at traffic lights ).

Anonymous said...

anyone else noticed the unfortunately positioned exhaust pipe?