The views expressed in this blog are mine, all mine and don't necessarily reflect those of the Police Service!
I hope that you wont be offended by anything I say, because no offence was intended.

Wednesday 12 March 2008

Court Results

This story doesn't surprise me in the slightest. I very rarely get to hear about the result of any of the cases I have dealt with. It's often quite embarrassing, when you bump into an i/p a few months down the line and they ask you what you think about the result. You then have to admit that you don't know what it was.
In my area, the best way to find out, is to read the court section of the local paper!
If we send someone up to the magistrates for a remand or breach of bail, we have to wait 2-3 days to find out the result. Quite often the offenders are out breaching their newly imposed bail conditions, but we don't know what the conditions are! I've had an i/p screaming at me to arrest an offender for breach of bail, but we have no record of the conditions and had to let him go!
I'm not really interested in silly statistics, but I think keeping a record of convictions, is quite important.

No comments: