The views expressed in this blog are mine, all mine and don't necessarily reflect those of the Police Service!
I hope that you wont be offended by anything I say, because no offence was intended.

Monday 9 March 2009

Domestic Database

"Hello. Is that partner check dot com?"
"Yes, how can we help you?"
"Well, what it is right, is I met this bloke down the club last week and he's said I can move in wiv him. I wanna know if he's gonna beat me up?"
"Right, what's his name?"
"Steve Hughes"
"Just hold the line a second, while I check our database.................right, I've found him. He was arrested last year for throwing a cushion at his girlfriend."
"Right thanks. I wont see him no more."

Sounds silly, but that's what Jacqui SMITH's latest barmpot idea is.

Don't get me wrong. I think men that beat women up, are despicable cowards, who should receive long custodial sentances. The trouble is, the present definition of domestic violence, in no way matches what the general public would call domestic violence. Nowaday's people (usually men) are being arrested for the most trivial of matters, from cushion throwing to shouting too loud!

I've no idea who is going to run this database, but I will stick my neck out and say that there will be an awful lot of people on it, who shouldn't be. The problem is, some offenders who are always 'getting away with it' wont appear on the list if it is only for convicted persons. However, if everyone arrested for so-called domestic violence ends up on it, it will be worthless.

In the meantime, behind closed doors, some women will continue to get a good kicking and no one will ever know. Let's stop wasting time on silly gimmicks. What would be useful, are special DV courts, which are held as quickly as possible, before the offender has time to 'change' the victims mind!

6 comments:

Constable Confused.com said...

Can women go on the database too?

blueknight said...

The reason why most of the 1986 Public Order Act does not apply in a dwelling is to prevent it being used for domestic incidents. The powers to arrest under 1361 Breach of Peace have been severely limited so unless there has been an assault there usually isn't much else.
I think I am right in saying that some American states have a specific DV law

Fire Safety Grants said...

Hello,

I work for PoliceOne.com and we are contacting a list of bloggers to offer our RSS feeds as additional content for your readers. We have a wide variety of police related news, videos and tips.

If you are interested please contact me at darcy.carroll@praetoriangroup.com.

Thanks,
Darcy Carroll

Mr Gentleman said...

Well, it would be a good idea if only the police could be trusted to be fair, honest and proportionate. Which, as you say, isn't the case. Another crap idea from the crappest home secretary the world ever saw. Not counting Michael Howard, but crap is too nice a word for him.

Fire Safety Grants said...

Hello,

Could you add PoliceOne.com to your police related websites and we will add you to our blog directory?

Email me if you decide to do this so I know to put you on our site.

Here is the link to our blog directory: http://www.policeone.com/law-enforcement-blogs/

Best,
Darcy
darcy.carroll@praetoriangroup.com

Jane wembli said...

Hi everyone,I’m so excited my husband is back after he left me for another woman. My husband was having an affair with a co-worker and i love my husband so much but he was cheating on me with his co-worker and this girl i think she use witchcraft or black magic on my husband to make him hate me and this was so critical and uncalled-for, I cry all day and night for God to send me a helper to bring back my husband! I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr.Wealthy can help get ex-boyfriend back fast. So, I felt I should give him a try. I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it, then he did a love spell for me. 22hours later, my husband really called me and told me that he miss me so much, Oh My God! i was so happy, and today i am happy with my man again and we are joyfully living together and i thank the powerful spell caster Dr.Wealthy, he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the here. if you are here and your Lover is turning you down, or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact Dr.Wealthy for help now..Here’s his email, wealthylovespell@gmail.com
He also do the following spell
Pregnancy spell
Love spell
Penis enlargement spell
herpes/hiv
Winning spell
His email, wealthylovespell@gmail.com
Or his WhatsApp +2348105150446