The views expressed in this blog are mine, all mine and don't necessarily reflect those of the Police Service!
I hope that you wont be offended by anything I say, because no offence was intended.

Friday 5 December 2008

Thankyou Karen Matthews!

Out of all the sorry mess, that is the Shannon Matthews story, we have Karen Matthews to thank, for raising the lid off, the total sham, that is our welfare state.
For years, Public Service bloggers have been telling tales of the 'underclasses'. I think most middle class people, thought we were making it up. Well, at last, they now realise that the benefit claiming, immoral, self-centred pondlife, do exist.
I guarantee, that there thousands of kids like Shannon, up and down the country, who have similar feckless parents. I've probably met hundereds of them, just in my neck of the woods!
Let's hope that this case, will cause the government to look closely at the'benefits culture'. Stop paying people to breed like rabbitts, with no ability or desire to 'look after' themselves.

Norman Bettison got it right on Panorama. Don't look to blame anyone, other than Karen Matthews for the way she brought her kids up. It's about time she and those of similar ilk, took reponsibility for their own actions.

2 comments:

McNoddy said...

Aah, the wonderful dependency culture in all its glory. I nearly fell off my chair when I heard Bettison speak the 'truth' and not go all wooly.

cartermagna said...

You're not wrong Max. I grew up on a council estate and my parents still live there. I work, Dad works and so does Mum and yet we were the norm on our estate. In the last 5 years however a "Low Income Housing" estate has been built next door. Ha! My Dad was one of the groundworkers that laid the foundations! How ironic.

It's brand spanking new. Compared to our house very Gucci. The percentage of people that actually have a job (that pays taxes) on this gift of an estate. Very low indeed.